Tuesday, September 8, 2020

WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF?


If your self-worth isn’t as strong
As you would like perhaps
A look into your own past
Will explain why
You yourself

Negative words and experiences
Or a lack of care in childhood
Defiantly make their imprint
But I’m not one of those who believe
That we are irrevocably shape by our past

What’s past cannot be changed
But the present and the future
Are ours to do with as we like
As someone once said
It’s never too late to have a happy childhood

To me that means
I can decide today
To shape my life
With positive input
Rather than negative

At every moment
I can give myself permission
To feel good instead of lousy
No matter what the circumstances
What do you like about yourself?

Building self worth
Through positive experience
Is easy once you decided to make
It a priority start by being nice to yourself

But we need to remember
That self-worth is not arrogance
It’s simply recognizing our value
As human beings and giving credit
When credit is due

No comments:

Post a Comment