Friday, August 6, 2021

KEEPING DAD IN MEMORY


4th August 1992
Was the year my dad bid this world farewell
To be with his Maker in eternal rest
A peaceful being went home before his time
Because of man's wicked act meant out to him
But Heavens knows all the answer
That time will ever tell
 
Many years has come and gone
Yet the footprint of dad lingers on
On the sands of time
Little did I no dad but a lot tells about him
Because I was still a child when he left
 
Seen mother talked about him
How I look like him am a replica of my dad
Living without a father
Was a bit tough and challenging
At such a time when one needed him around
 
But in the midst of it all
I grew stronger than ever
I fought my way through life
To keep life afloat going
As not having all life afford
 
But mum was a super strong woman
Who walk the mile to make sure
I and my siblings are fine
She trying to feel the vacuum
Playing the role of both parent figure
 
My dad is a complete gentle man
Whose love for family is top priority
Looking back to those days
Of dad been much alive and around
The humility he possess is not here
 
The calmness that oozes out of him
No one can contain
I know He is looking down right on me
Been proud of what have become
Over the years he left to be with his maker
Am also proud of you dad been your son
 
Dad's memory we forever live like a life in me
You are always remember by your loving son
From a beloved son to a loving dad
Late JOHN A. OKOH
 

No comments:

Post a Comment