Wednesday, September 8, 2021

WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN


No one said that the path
Is gonna be easy and it’s not
We know life is rough
And we know there will be pain
And whether that pain is at the hands of an enemy

Or at the hands of nature
Or time or disease there will be pain
That’s the way life is
You have been disappointed
Over and over again

Every time you try
Nobody notices you
And every time you try
You come up short
Sickness is cyclical

It comes around
It goes around
You’re well for a little while
And then it’s the same thing all over again
But this time its only worse

Because now, not only are you back
Where you started
But you have less hope that
It is ever going to be different
Because you’ve cycled though it one more time

Just to realize well I guess
I’m just a cynical person
Well I guess I’m just a negative person
Because to challenge the condition
Means to risk disappointment

And some of have tried
And got blocked
And people see and they assume
That you don’t care
No I care I cared

No comments:

Post a Comment