Tuesday, January 4, 2022

ENCOURAGE YOURSELF


One of the battles
We all have to fight
Is the battle with discouragement
Our dreams don’t always come true on our timetable
We go through disappointment and adversities
 
It’s easy to lose enthusiasm
Happiness and joy and zeal for life
In those times it’s good to have family and friends
Who encourage us it’s good to have 
A coach, teacher and pastor to cheer us on
 
But one thing I’ve learned is that
Other people cannot keep us encouraged
Other people cannot keep us cheered up
They may give us a boost
That may help us from time to time
 
But if we really want to live in victory
That encouragement has to come from inside
We must learn to encourage ourselves
This is especially true when times get tough
And things aren’t going your way
 
At those moments you may not feel
Like pursing your dreams
Your mind may be telling you
It’s not worth it never getting any better
You might as well just settle where you are
 
Deep down in your spirit there has to be a resolve
A strength on the inside that says
I refuse to settle where I am
I know God has a great plan for my life
And I’m pressing forward and becoming
Everything that He’s created me to do

No comments:

Post a Comment