Wednesday, January 13, 2021

GOD SEEKS MEN OF BURDEN


How broken God must be
When looking daily for students
In His school of prayer and seeing
Countless absentees
How it must have pierced His heart to say

“And I sought for a man among them
That should make up the hedge
And stand in the gap before me
For the land I love that I should not
Destroy it but I found none”.

The God of the universe unable
To find a candidate to hedge the gap
We wonder if the time will come
When God will cry again
I sought for a man but found none

Praise God He sent Christ
To hedge the greatest gap
The gulf of sin thank God too
For those burdened prayer warriors
Whose petitions bridge the gap between God and man

We rejoice for men like Elder Knapp who testified
I often repaired to the barn in the silent hours of the night
And poured out my soul in prayer to God
Every time an Elder Knapp performs
An act like this he fills the gap making up prayer’s hedge

How earnestly God seeks young lives
To stand in the gap to travel
The road of prater frankly
The trail is rough and the task rugged
It offers challenge not found elsewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment