Tuesday, January 12, 2021

GOD

They say the angels marvel
At why you love us so much
But people down here say
You don’t love us enough
They say the atheist look at the heavens
Don’t believe that You’re there

If I’m being honest I don’t feel worth
To take a breath of your air
I don’t contemplate what angels
And men think about You
I wish I could be like you but I don’t know how to
You are everything that I’m not

God I’m trying my best to follow You
With everything that I’ve got
Sometimes in this world of fury
It’s hard to focus I’m trying to keep my eyes
On the God of David of Daniel and Moses

You rain down fire on Sodom
And your hands built the oceans
You welcome home sinners with the arms always open
You created the world in six days
Rested on the seventh

You created me in your image
And changed my life in a second
You formed the stars with your breath
And the water with your Spirit
You joined to the sound of your melody
Whenever I hear it your quiet is the wind
And your voice is the thunder

You gave grace to my sins 
And lifted the noise I was under
You light up the sky 
With lightning bolts of your power
Your majesty stretched above 
The clouds my God is a tower
Your throne is somewhere 
Out past this earth bound gravity
I was banned with the curse 
Of depravity that was passed to me

But you didn’t expect me to be perfect
That something you never asked of me
It took the blood of your Son 
To rescue me from this tragedy
The world might think I’m crazy 
My critics might laugh at me
I just hope one day they meet 
The God who died for them too

They know not what they do
Just followers of satan who lied to them too
So they can mock and steer 
And call the things of my God laughable
But you go beyond the limits of the finite natural
You reach past the infinite and into eternity

And like the fire of Nebuchadnezzar
You walk into the flames land you burn for me
And I’m trying to be who you want me to be
I look past the heavens and I see the outline of your majesty
Heavy is your call on my life and the torch that pass to me
I’m just trying to be faithful to you God my king

Glory to the most high someday
I’ll join with the angels and sing
But for now my mind can’t
Comprehend your glory can it
I won’t understand You fully until I’m off this planet
If am being honest I look forward to leave this place

I’m an astronaut born to be with You
Down here I’m misplaced up there I’m at home
And glory down here I’m disgraced
But if the world hates me 
I have to remember it hated You first
You offer living water of the well to be traded for thirst

You walked on water and you turned water into wine
Someday every knee will bow and every tongue will confess
Reality will set in for the sinner like a gun to the head
You don’t have to be from Moscow to play Russian roulette
Every day people risk life after death

But you offer a way out for flawed people like me
Sons and daughters of the king is
What you’ve called people to be
You are fashioning my hands
For the battle of my life for war

For the first time I can see my sight is resoterd
And out of these ashes I will rise to tell others about you
And You will lift me up and speak through me
When I don’t know how to
So use me Lord and speak through my weakness
With everything in me I’ll follow You Jesus
And someday I’ll fall to the ground when we meet
I live this life with the hopes of placing crowns at your feet

And I can picture You there with angels and fight
And tell that you’ve called me to run into the night
And into the darkness I’ll continue to go
And into your world I’ll continue to grow
You are worthy of every demon that comes against me

And your arms I am strong
In your river you rinse me
So take my life and use me Lord
If faith is my shield and Your truth is my sword

No comments:

Post a Comment